Saturday, December 11, 2010

Frequency studies

WikiPedia Def of Audio Frequency

 the above contains a good amount of info regarding frequencies, what the 'typical' human can hear (is hyperacusis considered an augmentation of this standard or does it simply mean that an individual hears sounds in a more detailed way rather than hearing MORE sounds?) The best part of this is the standardized charts indicating the frequencies of certain familiar sounds...
the implications of amplitude, I imagine, are where things could get complicated, because I have no doubt that the amplitude of sounds greatly influences the reactions/processing of individuals with APD's, but is amplitude harder to measure? Maybe I just need to put more effort into this!

Anyway, I should clarify; my interest in this research stems from a suggestion that it may be possible that auditory integration/auditory processing 'deficits' may be measured based on an individual's response to various frequencies/amplitudes. I wonder if that's been studied..

I'm off to gather related studies..

More on this later.

p.s. anyone who checked out that wikipedia link..I played the C10 and my poor puppy startled like you wouldn't believe!
..not to mention my ears are ringing pretty significantly, I wouldn't recommend listening to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment