Friday, December 10, 2010

tUnE yArDs

This is an artist I believe to be on the forefront of alternative music- melding sounds from everyday life with sounds that are more 'musical' (obvisouly she isn't the FIRST to do this but just a favorite of mine)



tuNe yArDs- Fiya
(free download courtesy of ME!)

(you may recognise this particular song from a recent verizon wireless/blackberry commercial)

Her myspace page
More about tUnE yArDs

There are implications here for auditory integration training, for example, a child cannot tolerate the sound of a vacuum cleaner and often throws a fit when similar sounds occur also;

add this sound to a song and make it musical, continue to use this sound in music making WITH the child, allow the child to have control over the use of this sound by allowing him/her to add a sample of this sound to music, gradually introduce this sound with music (starting very small and keeping the use safe and the increase of use VERY gradual, also, be trained in responding to outbursts related to the processing issues related to this sound) This is a technique I only have speculative ideas about, but I think it could be a great auditory integration tool. Music is already the primary tool used in Auditory Integration Training


Also, tell me the above image doesn't scream quirky/possibly autistic creativity! (I mean this in an unbelievably positive way)

No comments:

Post a Comment