Greetings interested personnel,
if you are reading this it is likely that you are either a friend/supporter of me and the work that I do, or else you are a like-minded and interested individual.
In either case, I thank you for keeping your mind open and your ideas ever-changing!
The reasons I have decided to create this blog are currently threefold:
One:
I understand the power of blogging in today's world and want to use this power to circulate my philosophies and share my ideas. I believe that the definition of music therapy is expanding every minute and that each aspect of these new ideas/techniques ought to be explored and shared both with up-and-coming therapists and with those who are well-established in the field.
Basically, I want to use this blog to share the ideas that I have about the use of Alternative music and alternative music-making techniques in my therapy practice.
Two:
I want to develop my theories further and want to connect with those who can help me to do so. I am gradually building a reputation for myself within the music therapy community and want to supplement this with documentation of my work and my everyday findings, I also want others in the community to be able to see and read about what I am doing!
Three:
I want your feedback! I want to know if you are another music therapist who believes in the power of alternative music and alternative ideas of what 'music' is. I want to know what your theories are, how you an relate, or not relate, to what I do each day, and whether you agree or disagree with my theories.
I know there are many of us out there who do understand the power of music in its most abstract forms, and I want to know the who/where/how/why of all who use this in their clinical work.
Thank you again for visiting my blog, please feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me with any questions/thoughts you may have,
sincerely,
Christina L. Grandoni MT-BC
Plug in to Alternative Music therapy!

No comments:
Post a Comment